Here are a few take aways:
They may be micormanaging you because:
- They may be under a lot of pressure
- You may be in the early stage of your working relationship and you are developing a relationship of trust.
- Have empathy as they may not have the skills to manage effectively.
How to address the issue:
- Do not confront the client in a hostile way
- Do not fight it
- Discuss the issue and show them how you can help them.
- Develop trust quickly, earnestly and honestly.
Not everything has to be conflict. Communication is key!