Winning and entering awards is more than a pat on the back or an excuse to get a new trophy, they have a significant role to play in the growth of your business.
Here are 5 reasons why you should enter awards:
- There can be a tangible monetary reward – Although money is not everything, sometimes the benefits of winning cash can be very helpful for your business. Winning awards helps increase the perceived value of your business.
- Awards’ ceremonies can often be a great opportunity to network with other entrants, businesses, sponsors, and investors.
- Awards can open to door to potential investors, especially if you are LTD company with share options available.
- Many business owners underestimate the power of the PR surrounding entering, being shortlisted and winning an award. Awards are a great opportunity for businesses to have a hook to connect with journalists and publications. We covered this topic in an earlier post in 2017 4 reasons to enter business awards
- Finally, awards can reinstill confidence in your customer base and help increase sales.
However, one of the things many business owners complain about is their lack of time available to dedicate to entering awards. Here are three tips to help ease the process of entering awards.
1 – Have all of your assets and information in one place. This will include: photos, bios, social media handles, background information.
2 – Research past winners in the category you will be entering and read some of their feedback. Also, look at some of the coverage they achieved after winning the award and the impact it has had on their business.
3 – Ask for help. We constantly enter awards for our clients. If you do not have a PR company that can help you, then maybe this is the perfect time to start that process and hire additional support that can help you with these marketing and PR opportunities.
Already awards are requesting entrants for 2019, are you ready?
For more information about our service and our PR packages, which can also help you enter awards, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
However, for a FREE 15 mins consultation about your PR, and how to maximise awards to help your business, click below and complete the form and we will get in touch!