Do you feel you are a trendsetter, a person focused on becoming a trailblazer and leader in your Industry? If so, you will recognise some of these names.
While I have been building FP Comms, there were times when it felt that it would never happen. It was horrible. Then one day as things began to turn around and I was speaking to like-minded successful people, I saw a trend. It is not a secret, but it is something we do not vocalise.
- We fill our environment with positive, like-minded people.
- We listen to positive and inspiring messages
- We read about positive people
- We adopt positive habits
- We support each other
This does not mean we achieve success in a perfect or easy way, but we recognise that success is accomplished through particular habits and practices.
I have listed below many of the influential people business leaders listen to. Some of these names may not be names you would be expecting, but they are the names you will hear as a common denominator among successful people.
(In no particular order list of Influential People (IP))
- Joel Osteen
- Dalai Lama
- Lisa Nichols
- Oprah (especially her Master Classes)
- Tony Robbins
- Warren Buffet
- Wayne Dyer
- Marie Forleo
- Eckhart Tolle
- Russell Simmons
- Marianne Williamson
- Sheryl Sandberg
- Deepak Chopra
WHY THESE PEOPLE INFLUENCE SO MANY GREAT LEADERS?
The list of names itemised above have a number of similar traits that seem to differentiate IPs from others.
- They share their vulnerabilities. They share their ugly stories, fear and come clean about how they arrived to the point where they are today.
- They ooze authenticity. Regardless of what you think about their individual politics, spiritual and social standing they communicate an authentic voice of positivity. THIS IS MY FAVE TRAIT
- They are consistently reinforcing a core principle – They are always focused on one key vision and find several ways to repeat the same message, just in different ways.
- They are generous – They give away alot of great stuff. However, another interesting trait of great leaders that follow these influential people, is that they NEVER just take their great information. They also follow up by investing in their courses and activities. This is very important!!
- They are highly visible – even the Dali Lama – has embraced modern technology to great effect.
- They have made drastic changes to their lives. This is really important. Wayne Dyer seems to be the most drastic I have heard (to date) he gave away EVERYTHING – EVERYTHING. He had a successful company and gave it all away, so that he could get to a greater level of understanding. Today, he inspires people to really achieve their full potential.
- They have all adopted new habits and appreciate silence. This is one of my faves. They have learnt to get in tune with themselves and really understand who they are and how they can be the best of themselves to support a wider community.
- Confidence – I think although they may be nervous, they confidently recognise, their power is in overcoming the fear and just getting on with it.
- Relevance – Their names just roll off the tongue of leaders. They really do. They are relevant and actively current.
To be an IP you need to have ALL of these list of traits.
When researching this piece, I read many quotes from leaders about these people.
This is a quote from Richard Branson about Marie Forleo – “Marie’s unique flavor of entrepreneurial style fits perfectly with Virgin Unite and we can’t wait to see what she has up her sleeve next. http://www.marieforleo.com/
We know that Richard Branson is successful – so we can take our cue from him.
PS: These are the people that we often think have done TED TALK
HOW DO THEY INFLUENCE GREAT LEADERS?
I think what happens is that you have to be prepared to make the changes that these Influential People share. If you are not ready to make the difficult choices, you will find these IPs highly offensive, uncomfortable and maybe even radical.
These are the people, that many people want to be, but do not have the courage to become. What you find with IPs is that usually their message can seem quite radical or uncomfortable. What I have identified is that the leaders that listen to these Influential people, are always seeking to think and behave in a radical and world changing ways and almost use them to inspire and fill their tank up with positive energy.
LEADERS IN OUR MIDST?
I wrote this piece as a UK business woman and I have to say that there are few dynamic UK based IPs that I have come across.
I have however, researched and found a couple of names, I think are really beginning to create waves and I really look forward to seeing them shine brightly. That said, I would also like to see more names to add to this list.
(In no particular order list of Influential People we pay attention to and should look out for)
- Sherry Ann Dixon
- J K Rowlin – She is become more vocal as time goes on.
I really struggled with finding IPs from the UK. Do you think we are too reserved? Or do we just do business differently?
Do you listen to any of these Influential people? Send us your feedback below and let us know who you listen to and why?