How did ‘freed’ black slaves make it happen, build businesses and succeed despite the racist structure of that time?
I cannot deny, there are many questions I ask myself about humanity, the things we do and why we do it.
As a person dedicated to building FP Comms which promotes the the benefits of sustainability, mental, physical, emotional and spiritual wellbeing, and fairpay within the heart of the most successful leading companies. Some of the pressing questions on my mind include:
- What is it about humanity that really only appreciates people after they are dead?
- What makes a person so determined to succeed despite all adversity?
- Where does inner determination come from?
- How did ‘freed’ black slaves make it happen, build businesses and succeed despite the racist structure of that time?
For me it is one of the most intriguing questions to study, the ability for a Black person born in slavery, to overcome the obstacles of the day and build great fortunes. How did they do that?
- How did they manage to have the mental capacity to build these businesses?
- What happened to those businesses?
- What lessons can be learnt from our ancestors?
This Rock Newman Interview sheds a glimmer of light on 6 entrepreneurs who created wealth. Similar to book and film – Hidden Figures, it fascinating to learn about the bravery, fortitude and down right determination of these people who just kept going despite all the odds
Please share your thoughts?
Another article of interest – Hidden Figures